The human brain is the most complex organ in the body and arguably the most complex creation in the universe. Due to the complexity involved, neurosurgery is a highly specialized field with a unique set of conditions, treatments, and rehabilitation procedures. The Neurosurgeons at SportsMED specialize in treating diseases and conditions affecting the nervous system, which includes the brain, the spine and spinal cord, and central and peripheral nervous system.
Our neurosurgeons are highly trained, and fully equipped with the most innovative operating rooms and advanced imaging technologies available today. Performing complex brain and spine procedures with precision guided, 3D imaging in real time allows our surgeons to navigate the brain and spine more precisely, perform less invasive procedures, and improve patient outcomes. If you are suffering with a complex condition affecting the brain, spine, or spinal cord, SportsMED can help.
SOME OF THE MOST COMMON BRAIN AND PERIPHERAL NERVE CONDITIONS WE TREAT AND PROCEDURES WE PERFORM INCLUDE:
- Biopsies for brain tumors
- Carpal tunnel release
- Chiari malformation
- Craniotomy for brain tumors
- Craniotomy for epidural hematoma
- Craniotomy for subdural hematoma
- Cubital tunnel syndrome / Ulner nerve entrapment at the elbow
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Suboccipital craniectomy
SOME OF THE MOST COMMON SPINE CONDITIONS WE TREAT INCLUDE:
- Cervical radiculopathy (pinched nerve)
- Degenerative joint disease
- Fractures of the spine
- Herniated discs (cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine)
- Lumbar radiculopathy / Sciatica
- Myelopathy (spinal cord compression)
- Spinal stenosis
- Spondylolisthesis (slipped bones in the spine)
SOME OF THE MOST COMMON SPINE PROCEDURES WE PERFORM INCLUDE:
- Anterior / Posterior / Extreme Lateral spinal fusion
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Artificial disc replacement
- Laminoforaminotomy for cervical radiculopathy
- Microdiscectomy for herniated discs
- Minimally invasive discectomy and spine decompression
- Scoliotic deformity correction
SPORTSMED NEUROSURGERY SPECIALIST:
Sanat Dixit, M.D.
John Johnson, Jr., M.D.