Q: What can I expect on my first visit?
A: As a new patient, you may register when you arrive for your appointment. You will be asked to provide insurance and medical history information, medical records, and x-rays and/or test results from previous physicians.
- Waiting Time - Everyone's time is valuable. We make every effort to provide the highest quality care and to minimize your waiting time. In the event a delay or unforeseen emergency arises, you will be notified by the staff and be given the opportunity to reschedule. It is our policy never to rush a patient nor to compromise care. Please be patient as you will receive the same consideration when you are seen by our physicians. Quality care knows no time frame.
- Examination - The physician and technical assistant will evaluate your problem/condition, review your history, recommend x-rays or other necessary tests, determine a plan of care, and discuss your treatment options.
- Follow-Up - Follow-up visits generally require less time and address test results and/or treatment progress.
Q: Where are your offices located?
A: See our locations listings.
Q: With what insurance alliances are you associated?
A: Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Alabama, Workers’ Comp, Principal, United Health Care, CIGNA, PHCS, Aetna, and most other plans.
If your plan is not listed above, please contact our insurance department at 256-881-5151 to confirm coverage. Patients should bring insurance cards to appointments and be prepared to pay co-pays at the time of visits.
Q: Can I get some assistance with filing my insurance claim?
A: We will help as much as possible, however, to expedite the process and avoid confusion, patients should read their policy book or call their insurance company to learn about benefits and coverage of the policy. SportsMed will file claims as a courtesy to our patients.
Q: What paperwork will I need to provide?
A: At your first visit, you will be asked to complete a HIPAA Form and a Demographics/Statement of Financial Responsibility form.
You may open the forms below, fill it in online then print your completed form, or print and complete them by hand and bring them along with you to your appointment.
- HIPAA Form
- Pain Questionnaire (for spine and neck patients)
- Pain Questionnaire (for Dr. Johnson's patients)
- Pain Questionnaire (for Dr. Reto's patients)
- Pain Questionnaire (for Dr. Curt Freudenberger's patients only)
- Medical History (for Dr. Curt Freudenberger's patients only)
- Demographics/Statement of Financial Responsibility
Medical Records Release forms:
An authorization form is required when requesting for copies of medical records. Please complete the medical records release form below and return to SportsMED, or email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.